Konnichi wa!
Another wonderful week in Akashi has gone by! Fun little fact: I might be
transferring next week! Well, we shall wait and see.
One of our investigators, M-san, hasn't been answering any of our calls or
texts for pretty much the last six weeks. Her husband is a little uneasy about
the church and we think that maybe that has something to do about it. Anyways,
we felt really impressed that we should go visit M-san on Friday. We didn't have
an appointment or anything. In fact, like I mentioned, we hadn't talked to M-san
for a really long time. But we felt like we should go. So we did. We prayed, and
felt like we 3:00 pm was a good time to visit her, so we went. That, in and of
itself, is a lesson I have learned. We must ACT. ACTION leads to miracles. How
can we do anything if we are stuck in park? How can God work with a parked car?
It will go nowhere; it can't do anything. So, the first thing we have to do is
ACT.
One of our investigators, M-san, hasn't been answering any of our calls or
texts for pretty much the last six weeks. Her husband is a little uneasy about
the church and we think that maybe that has something to do about it. Anyways,
we felt really impressed that we should go visit M-san on Friday. We didn't have
an appointment or anything. In fact, like I mentioned, we hadn't talked to M-san
for a really long time. But we felt like we should go. So we did. We prayed, and
felt like we 3:00 pm was a good time to visit her, so we went. That, in and of
itself, is a lesson I have learned. We must ACT. ACTION leads to miracles. How
can we do anything if we are stuck in park? How can God work with a parked car?
It will go nowhere; it can't do anything. So, the first thing we have to do is
ACT.
It can be scary sometimes. Okay, a lot of times. When we went to visit
M-san, we had no idea what lay ahead. What if M-san's husband slammed the door
in our face? What if they told us to go away? What if...but you know, as I biked
to her house, I took a deep breath and thought about the lessons I had learned,
the lessons God had taught me, over the last couple weeks. About how He always
knows what He is doing. How we have no reason to fear. With those experiences
and thoughts in my mind, I took a breath and really just tried to let all of
those "what ifs" go. And when I did that, well, a miracle occurred.
M-san was home and she answered the door! Not only that, but she was just
about to leave to go to the HOSPITAL. Her daughter had apparently been in some
kind of accident, and had to stay in the hospital overnight! Not only was our
timing interestingly perfect (Coincidence? I THINK NOT), but we had also felt
prompted to make a card for M-san's daughter that morning right before we left
the apartment. The very daughter who was now in the hospital. Since M-san was in
a rush, we didn't want to keep her. We asked if we may pray for her daughter's
health together, and M-san agreed. My companion said the pray, and the Spirit
was there in abundance. We are meeting her this Saturday.
It was a faith building experience for me -- a confirmation of something I
already knew. That God knows all of His children. He knew M-san's needs, and her
situation. He sent us there to give her comfort; to give her peace in a time of
need.
Oftentimes, I find myself wondering if I can really be a tool in the Lord's
hands. Can I be a representative of Christ? Can I do all the things that He
would have me do; say all the things He would have me say? I am a mortal trying
to help an immortal being bring His sons and daughters back to His presence. A
little bit of a daunting thought, yes? But, this experience showed me that I can
be a worthy servant. I can help Him do this work. I can be a good missionary. If
I give it my all, I can become the kind of person I so desperately want to
be.
And that's a promise open to each of us. If we take ourselves out of "park"
and start moving forward towards our worthy goals, whatever they may be, we will
be able to reach them. We will be able to overcome the obstacles, we will be
able to do the impossible. We are much stronger than we think we are. But, in
order to see any sort of miracle, any sort of progress, we first must
ACT.
Change can be scary. Action can be hard.
But when we take the time and put in the effort, and leave our fears and
doubts behind, that's when we will become clay in the Hands of the Lord. We will
be modeled and shaped into something much more grand and beautiful than we were
before; something that we could never become alone. Without the hands of the
master, we would forever be a lump of clay. But through the tests and trials, we
are shaped. We become a masterpiece.
I am not yet that masterpiece. I don't know if I ever will be, in this
life. But I know that I am being molded and shaped, and for that I am
grateful.
Sister Weigl

Thank you for sharing your experience about acting on the promptings from the Lord--even when it is hard!
ReplyDelete